A panic attack is an abrupt surge of intense fear, or intense discomfort, that reaches a peak within minutes. During a panic attack, a range of the following symptoms may occur, including:
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Trembling or shaking
- Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering
- Feelings of choking
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Nausea or abdominal distress
- Feeling dizzy, unsteady, light hearted or faint
- Chills or heat sensations
- Numbing or tingling sensations
- Feelings of unreality or being detached from oneself
- Fear of losing control or "going crazy"
- Fear of dying
Our psychologists are able to provide the necessary treatment for various panic concerns.
To book an appointment, or for more information, telephone (03) 9820 1223. Alternatively, fill in your details on the